Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What was i THINKING!?!?!


Today i feel like a failure of a mom. I let zade eat waffles for breakfast (Wich i think is just all sugar not a real breakfast) Then i went to go make lunch and we were out of almost everything so i decided to go to the store and get some food. Well by time we got home zade had fallen asleep in the van and i put him to bed for a nap. Then Doug brought over some pink cupcakes for us to enjoy! (THANKS DOUG THEY WERE YUMMY!!) So yummy that zade woke up from his nap. I was chatting with the neighbor and didn't notice that Zade had eaten 4 cupcakes and was on his 5th. In a panic i made him a grilled cheese sandwich but he was full from cupcakes so refused to eat more than a little tiny bite. Then he demanded Chocolate milk......Dinner roles around and he wants more chocolate milk with his Chicken noodle soup. He wasn't eating so i started the "Take a bite or go to bed" Bit. He ate 7 good bites and then looked up at me with that face.... The "Im going to hurl" face. So i grab him and run for the sink. To late.. He got me right in the face. and the whole kitchen was covered in pink stink. What a day.

9 comments:

Rochelle said...

Ohh sorrry about the cake... YUCK!

Rachael said...

Well, thanks for allowing us to laugh about it--hopefully you are too---by now...

annamarie said...

LOL I've been there!!!

julianne orth said...

gross! makes me want to eat a cupcake :)

John said...

I know "the face". And you can never get there fast enough!

Travis and Cami said...

oh my goodness, that is hilarious.... but it sucks at the same time! i'm sorry.... being a mom is the BEST!

kimmy said...

ohh April I'm sorry. I hate the days when everyone (me and Jeff) gives the kids all that junk. I feel your pain. Good thig is you will for sure make a note to yourself not to do that again =).

Rosanne Orgill said...

love the picture, that is how you feel when someone throws up on you. That is too funny. yes, I have been there too. It is not fun. I guess Zade won't want cupcakes for a while yumm

Joe said...

Well, don't we all engage in excesses from time to time in our lives, and occasionally paid for it. Now you have a little story to remind him of when he started hurling..sorry that happened, that has to be the worst feeling..but he probably felt better after. :)